County Planner, Bob Isaac came before the Riley County Commission, during their Thursday meeting, to present two plat requests.
The first was from Richard and Laura Soash, who wished to replat their tract of land in University Park. This prompted some discussion, as the projected tract of land would include to different sides of the road. In the end, the commission approved the request.
Raymond Shultz submitted the second request, in order to plat his tract of land in north county. The commission approved this request as well.
Bids were opened for a new motor grader. Four companies submitted bids, and most of them provided several options:
-Foley Equipment of Manhattan
- new CAT 12 M2-$220,000
- same model with seven year buyback- same price, with $137,000 buyback
- same model with ten year buyback- same price, with $130,000 buyback
- same model with seven year lease- $16,473.63 with 2.75 interest
- same model with ten year lease- $13,816.27 with 2.85% interest
-Victor L. Phillips of Topeka
- submitted no bids for any of the items
-G.W. Van Keppel of Topeka
- new Volvo G 940 B-$211,992
- same model with seven year buyback-same price, with $130,000 buyback
- same model with ten year buyback-$223,060 with $60,000 buyback
- same model with seven year lease-$211,992, with $16,547.51 lease payments and 2.99% interest
- same model with ten year lease-$223,060, with $20,959.20 lease payments and 3.49% interest
-Murphy Tractor of Miltonvale
- new John Deere 776P-$228,000
- same model with seven year buyback-same price with 3% interest
- same model with seven year lease- same price with $49,310.97 payments
All of these bids were approved for staff evaluation and recommendation.