In a press release on Friday, it was announced that the Manhattan Ogden USD 383 and the Manhattan Ogden NEA have reach a tentative agreement after seven meetings spanning over the past three month.
The highlights of the new contract include:
- -a 3% compensation package increase
- -an increase of $900.00 on the base salary, meaning starting salary for a teacher will be $34,900.
- -continued coverage of the basic health insurance premium.
- -small increase in supplemental contracts, which include advisors and coaches.
- -Continued longevity increment increase
- -continued payment for National Board Certification.
- -provides a new stipend for bully prevention teacher leadership.
- -continue the 185 day contract length
- -clarified emergency release and assistance related to teachers.
The Board of Education will vote on ratification of the tentative agreement following teacher ratification in August.