HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) Authorities have identified the woman found dead after an unreported fire in her Hutchinson home.
Hutchinson Fire Deputy Chief Mike Miller says authorities have determined that 72-year-old Dorothy Cobb died of smoke inhalation. The Hutchinson News reported that Cobb was found Thursday afternoon by a family member.
Miller says careless smoking sparked the fire either Tuesday or Wednesday. The blaze burned itself out, and the exterior of the home had no damage. Most of the interior damage was in the living room where Cobb was in a chair.