K-State’s first home football game is Saturday at 6:10 p.m. and there are some construction projects on access roads that may cause traffic delays, according to the City of Manhattan.
- US-24 at McCall Road and the east leg of McCall Road are reduced to one lane.
- K-13 (over Tuttle Creek Dam) is closed at the east end and access to US-24 is not available.
- Denison Avenue will be closed pre-game from Marlatt Avenue to north of Manhattan Fire Station. After the game, one lane for exiting traffic will be open north on Denison Avenue to Marlatt Avenue.
There are also gameday parking restrictions in place in neighborhoods surrounding Bill Snyder Family Stadium. More parking info is on K-State’s website.
- I-70 from the west via K-18 to either Scenic Drive or K-113, both routes are fully open with no construction traffic this season.
- I-70 from the east via K-177 to either US-24 or K-18, if motorists use the US-24 north Bluemont they will avoid the McCall Intersection construction, however if they proceed further north to Kimball Avenue they will be impacted at McCall Road and US-24. If motorists use K-18 to K-113 to Kimball Ave they will have no construction delays on this route.
- US-24 from the west via K-113 to Kimball Avenue, this route is open and not impacted by any construction traffic this season.
- US-24 from the west via Marlatt will be impacted with no turn south allowed via Denison Avenue. College Ave will remain open to allow access from Marlatt. Motorists are encouraged to travel to Kimball Avenue instead of Marlatt if they which to park on the east side of the stadium.
- US-24 from the east via US-24 north or K-18 west or McCall Road: this route is open without construction until you reach the intersection of McCall Road and US-24 (TCB).