The Manhattan Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors have formally established a search committee to find the Chamber’s next President and CEO.
As KMAN first reported earlier this month, current president and CEO Lyle Butler announced he will retire in Febuary of next year after 18 years of leadership.
The search committee is comprised of Chamber members with broad representation to including Advantage Manhattan investors, Convention and Visitors Bureau interests, past board chairs, Kansas State University, Fort Riley, Greater Manhattan Economic Partnership, young professionals and others.
The presidential search committee is chaired by Wayne Sloan and will begin work this month. The members will seek to receive search input from additional Chamber members and staff, key partners and the broader community. The search committee will conduct a national search and offer finalist recommendations to the Board this fall, and will continue to provide regular Board updates.
The committee members are:
- Wayne Sloan, committee chair, BHS Construction
- Larie Schoap, committee vice chair, ESB Financial
- Kristin Brighton, New Boston Creative Group
- Nancy Burton, BPN Architects
- Linda Cook, Kansas State University, Chief of Staff
- 1SG (Ret.) David Dean, State Farm Insurance
- Summer Ott Dierks, Law Offices of Seaton, Seaton & Dierks, LLP
- Andy Ellis, Arthur Green LLP
- Evan Grier, LOLO Hospitality
- Cheryl Grice, K-State Communications and Marketing
- Neil Horton, Bayer Construction
- Lowell Kohlmeier, KS State Bank
- Randy Martin, Hawley Printing/Sir Speedy