ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) A south-central Kansas woman has pleaded guilty in the death of a toddler who drank rust remover in her home.
Two-year-old Davin Manly became fatally ill last October at the Arkansas City home of baby sitter Jennifer Bowman. Authorities said the rust remover was in a plastic beverage bottle.
KSNW-TV reports Bowman pleaded guilty Wednesday to involuntary manslaughter. She had been scheduled for arraignment but entered the plea instead.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 11, a little more than one year since the toddler died.