The Wamego City Commission has approved several board appointments. At Tuesday’s meeting, City Manager Merl Page said Bruce Butler agreed to be reappointed to the Board of Zoning Appeals for another 3-year term, which expires in February 2019. Page announced that Roxanne Linnebur applied for the Housing Authority Board. Both appointments were approved unanimously.
In his City Manager report:
– Page said the Power Plant catalyst and calibration certification passed last Wednesday. He added that everything is running fine and the project should be finalized next week.
– Reminded the Commission of the Chamber of Commerce Annual meeting on Saturday, January 30th.
– Announced the City is now owner of the Lloyd Wiersma property located at 4th and Plum. This property is located in the vicinity of other City property, and was approached by the Wiersma family after Lloyd’s passing. Page added the property used to be a roller skating rink.
– Reminded the Commission of the Annual Leader’s Retreat in Overland Park this coming weekend.
– Announced the Employee Appreciation event is scheduled for February 19th at the Columbian Theatre. This is in lieu of a Christmas Party, which is difficult to schedule.
– Announced the retirement of Electric Production Supervisor Chuck Asbury after 34 years of service. He wanted to see the completion of the new Power Plant addition before retiring.