HUTCHINSON — Fire officials say seven Hutchinson school buses were damaged in a fire that apparently was started by a discarded cigarette.
The fire was reported Saturday night just south of the Durham School Services in Hutchinson. A nearby tree row was on fire when emergency responders arrived.
Battalion Chief Rex Albright says the buses, a storage trailer and a building’s interior were damaged. Damage is estimated at $47,000.
Firefighters doused the blaze within 15 minutes. No one was injured.