With the flu season coming up, Pottawatomie County Health Department director Lisa Kenworthy’s update to the county commission could not have come at a better time.
Kenworthy gave an update on area flu clinics to Pottawatomie County commissioners at their weekly meeting Monday morning.
20 clinics, four being new, have been established through October.
Here is a list of currently scheduled flu clinics:
Wamego First Baptist Church on Oct. 2nd
Kaw Valley State Bank on Oct. 2nd
Olsburg City Hall on Oct. 3rd
R-TECH on Oct. 9th
St. Mary’s Senior Center on Oct. 9th
Wamego Senior Fair (at the Senior Center) on Oct. 10th
Wamego Hospital Health Fair on Oct. 12th
Wamego First Baptist Church on Oct. 15th
Westmoreland Elementary School on Oct. 15th
Rock Creek High School on Oct. 16th
Wamego Telecommunications Company, Inc. on Oct. 16th
Onaga Senior Center on Oct. 21st
Flint hills Christian School on Oct. 22nd
Blaine Catholic Church Hall on Oct. 22nd
Dymax, INC. (Wamego, KS) on Oct. 23rd
Onaga High School on Oct. 24th
Olsburg Elementary School on 24th
Wamego Senior Center on Oct. 28th
The Pottawatomie County Health Department will have clinics every Friday and late clinics on Oct. 3rd, Nov. 7th and Dec. 5th.
For specific times of clinics and more information on locations, contact the Pottawatomie County Health Department at 785-457-3719.
To schedule a clinic, contact the department’s immunization coordinator, Melody Couper at the number listed below.
Among other officials who talked to the commission was public works director Peter Clark.
Clark discussed a few different projects with the city commission, one of which was the Parallel Road Bridge Replacement Project.
This project includes shared costs between the county and the Kansas Department of Transportation, with the county paying for 20 percent of the construction and inspection and KDOT covering the remaining 80 percent. The county pays for utilities, design and right of way in full.
KDOT recommended the county approve the lowest bid submitted for construction. The lowest bid was for $730,680 by Ebert Construction Co. Inc and Subsidiaries.
The commission unanimously voted to pay $147,000, which is 20 percent of the project’s construction cost.
The vote also approved an agreement with KDOT for the submission of inspection costs so that the county may be reimbursed for 80 percent of these funds. The county is using in-house staff for inspection.
Commissioner Pat Weixelman, who voted in favor of the KDOT-recommended bid, mentioned his son-in-law owns Ebert Construction Inc. and Subsidiaries. He was informed that his relationship with the company’s owner would not be an issue.
The commission also unanimously approved an agreement that will allow for the temporary use of land owned by the United States Army Corp of Engineers.
This land use is necessary for the completion of the Dyer Road and Little Grill Entrance Safety Improvements Project.
This project will create modifications to the area where the Little Grill is located on Dyer Road. These modifications will serve to improve safety for drivers and pedestrians.
County treasurer Lisa Wright discussed closing the treasurer’s office at noon on December 31st to transition their financial system from 2019 to 2020.
All county offices will be closed on October 14th for in-service training.