Apartment cooking-fire in Manhattan results in about $3,000 in estimated losses

0

An accidental cooking fire that occurred at a 2-story apartment building in the Brookfield Residences in Manhattan Tuesday resulted about $3,000 in estimated losses.

The Manhattan Fire Department responded to reports of a structure fire at 415 Walters Dr., apartment number 408, where they found light smoke coming from a fire that had already been mostly put out by a Riley County Police officer using a fire extinguisher.

Fire crews would go on to ventilate the building and finish putting the fire out.

The extent of kitchen damage caused the residents to be displaced.

The fire resulted in an estimated $2,500 worth of structure damage and $500 worth of content losses.

Share.

About Author

Avatar

Comments are closed.