– The Manhattan High volleyball finished second at the Shawnee Mission South tournament on Saturday. Three teams went 4-1 in the round robin format, and the Indians were the runner-up on a tie breaker. MHS lost to tourney champion Mill Valley 17-25, 27-25, and 15-25. But the Tribe beat Lawrence 25-22, 24-26 and 25-20, Shawnee Mission South 25-21, 25-22, Wichita Southeast 25-9, 25-13, and Olathe South 20-25, 25-14, and 25-19. MHS is 6-2 on the season.
– Riley County volleyball came in second at their home invitational on Saturday. The Falcons earned wins against Linn, Valley Heights, St. Marys and Chapman. Mission Valley beat Riley County in both pool play and the bracket finals.
– Frankfort volleyball went 3-1 at their home tournament on Saturday. The Wildcats won their pool, with victories over Onaga 22-25, 25-18, 27-25, Cair Paravel 25-15, 25-12, and Doniphan West 26-24, 15-25, 26-24. Wetmore beat Frankfort 25-17, 27-25 to end their day in the semifinals.
– The Manhattan High girls and boys cross country team both finished as runner-up at the Emporia Invitational on Saturday. Alaina Schroeder won the meet with a time of 14:51, and Christina Wankum was third as the Tribe girls were behind St. Thomas Aquinas in the team standings. The MHS boys were nipped by Maize but Chris Melgares claimed the title with a time of 16:37, and James Leblow was second.
– The Wamego boys won the 4A division of their home meet on Saturday. Jordan Routh (Ruth) was seventh with a time of 17:14. The Lady Raiders came in 7th, as Allison Seufert (See-fert) was 20th overall with a time of 16:54.
– Riley County cross country also ran at Wamego and the girls finished fourth in the 1-2-3A division. Stacy Pachta was third with a time of 16:31, and Beka Silvia was 7th. Nate Elder led the Falcon boys with a time of 19:00 and a 26th place finish, and the team was 6th.