MFD: Burned up AC fan cause of scare at retirement community

0

An air conditioner fan motor was the cause of a fire scare at Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community over the weekend.

According to a press release from the Manhattan Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched to the retirement community at 2121 Meadowlark Rod in Manhattan just before 8 a.m. Saturday.  Upon arrival, crews found moderate smoke in the hallway on the third floor. Crews immediately upgraded to a 2nd Alarm Fire and began searching for the source of the smoke.

There was a report of a possible lighting strike in the area of the building prior to the call. After a thorough search of the structure, crews were able to locate the cause to be a burned up air conditioner fan motor on the third floor. A total of 20 firefighters responded on six fire apparatus with the last unit clearing at around 9 a.m.. No fire damage and no injuries were reported.

Share.

About Author

Brady Bauman

Reporter/anchor covering local, state and breaking news. Former newspaper writer, news and sports. California born, Kansas raised. Questions, news tips can be sent to brady@1350kman.com.

Comments are closed.