-The Manhattan High boys left Cessna Stadium with a 2nd place trophy from the 6A state track meet. The Tribe crowned three champions, Chris Melgares in the 3200 meter run, the 4 by 800 meter relay, which Melgares led off, and the 4 by 100 meter relay. MHS gave the final event, the 4 by 400 meter relay, their all by finishing second, but state champ Olathe East won the race to clinch the title.
The Manhattan High girls finished 7th in the 6A team standings as Alaina Schroeder (Shray-durr) came in 2nd in the 3200 meter run, as did Matty Mahan in the high jump.
– The Wamego girls were led by Allie Seufert, who was third in the 800 meter run, and anchored the 4 by 800 meter relay to a third place finish.
– Rock Creek’s Hayden Schlochtermeier came in second place in the 3A long jump. The Mustang boys were led by Jackson Meyer, who was third in the pole vault.
– Riley County’s Landin Griffith earned a 3rd place medal in the 3A long jump.
– Frankfort had a pair of 3rd place finishes in 1A, Adam Koch in the 1600 meter run, and Lucas Adams in the pole vault.
– The Blue Valley boys ran to 3rd place in the 1A 4 x 800 meter relay.