The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a boil water advisory for the Riverchase Mobile Home Park public water supply.
This advisory took effect Wednesday and the KDHE says this advisory will remain in effect until conditions which place the system at risk of contamination are deemed to be adequately resolved.
Customers living in Riverchase Mobile Home Park should do the following:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household ice machine.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children, however, is necessary.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
The KDHE says water suppliers in Kansas take all measures necessary to notify customers quickly after a system failure. The KDHE will rescind the order following a lab test.