Junction City garage fire caused by improper fireworks disposal

0

Fireworks are blamed for damaging a garage in a Junction City duplex over the weekend.

Junction City Fire crews got the call just before 4:30 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of White Tail Court. The blaze caused an estimated $10,500 in damage. It was caused by improper disposal of fireworks inside a plastic trash receptacle.

The fire department says two adults, two children and two dogs were removed from the home. Two cats were also said to be inside, and crews were able to locate at least one of them in a bedroom. No injuries were reported.

The fire caused significant damage to the front garage wall and roof as well as the front porch gable. It was contained to the one unit.

Share.

About Author

Brandon Peoples

KMAN News Director and host of In Focus. Contact Brandon at Brandon@1350KMAN.com

Comments are closed.