Early Reports from the Manhattan Fire Department indicate a busy night last night for fire crews, and 6 calls were from fireworks.
Three of the calls were from grass, and brush fire calls.
On Tuesday night at 10:00 pm the Manhattan Fire Department was called to a 713 Dondee apartment complex for a fire on the roof of the building. That fire caused an estimated $35,000 worth of damge. Manhattan Fire Department Deputy Chief of Technical Services, Ryan Almes, says two people were treated for smoke inhalation and released.
A pair of dumpster fires early Wednesday morning were also put out on Walters street.
Almes urges local area residents to stay safe, and keep water close at hand in case of firework accidents.